FORT WORTH, Texas - U.S. Army Corps of Engineers officials announce today the following operational changes will be implemented at U.S. Army Corps of Engineers parks on Belton Lake and Stillhouse Hollow Lake, effective March 1.
- All park fees including day use passes, boat ramp passes, and annual passes will be payable by debit or credit card only. Cash will no longer be accepted.
- Gate Attendants, in parks with active gate attendant contracts, will man gatehouses from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Automated fee machines are in place at Westcliff Park and Temple Lake Park on Belton Lake, and at Dana Peak Park and Stillhouse Park on Stillhouse Hollow Lake. These fee machines will allow the public to pay and enter when the parks are open, but gatehouses are closed.
- Hours of operation at Temple Lake Park and Westcliff Park will now be 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- White Flint Park will no longer have a gate attendant to help with reservations.
- White Flint Park will only offer boat ramp access to campers and America the Beautiful or USACE Annual Day Use Pass holders.
- Union Grove Park will only offer boat ramp and fishing pier access to campers and America the Beautiful or USACE Annual Day Use Pass holders.
- Camping reservations at all parks must be made at recreation.gov or by calling 877-444-6777.
These changes are being made to make the parks and campgrounds safer and more efficient. The Corps of Engineers understands there will be challenges associated with these changes. Park Rangers and volunteers will be patrolling the parks to help visitors and answer questions regarding the new policies.
Questions regarding these park operational changes can be addressed to the Belton Lake Office at 254-742-3050 or Stillhouse Hollow Lake Office at 254-939-2461.
Visit the Fort Worth District Web site at: www.swf.usace.army.mil and social media at: https://about.me/usacefortworth
Release no. 21-007